Nevada Work Search Requirements
KEEPING WORK SEARCH ACTIVITY RECORDS
YOU MUST KEEP A RECORD OF YOUR WORK SEARCH ACTIVITIES,INCLUDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION. YOUR WORK SEARCH WILL BE VERIFIED.
Work search activity records can be submitted online at ui.nv.gov. During an Eligibility Review Interview,you will be asked what you did to try to find a job.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE YOUR WORK SEARCH ACTIVITY RECORDS WHEN REQUESTED MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL OF BENEFITS.
WORK SEARCH ACTIVITY ADVISEMENT
You MUST complete a weekly work search activity record for each week you file for unemployment benefits. It is your responsibility to provide the required information. Work search activity records may be reviewed at any time by both the Telephone Claim Centers and the JobConnect Offices, and you may be required to provide supporting documentation. You must conduct several different work search activities each week using methods customary to the occupation you are seeking. Failure to provide weekly work search activity records may result in a delay or denial of your benefits. A work search activity record can also be completed at ui.nv.gov.
Acceptable Work Search Activities
- Registering for work with State's Labor Exchange System
- Registering for work with placement firms
- Registering for work with temporary work agencies
- Registering for work with educational institutions that have placement offices
- Obtaining and using labor market and career information
- Participating in instructional workshops (resume, interviewing, job searching, etc.)
- Creating a resume and/or uploading resumes to an online job board
- Using online career tools such as job match advisors, national job boards, my skills my future.
- Logging in and looking for work in the state labor exchange or in an online job matching system
- Logging in and looking for work in job listing websites such as Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster etc.
- Creating a personal user profile on a professional networking site (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Participating in work-related networking events (e.g. job club referrals thru OneStops and Join such as
- ProNet Reno, industry association events).